Fever of Three Days : Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Fever of Three Days Definition
3 days of fever is an acute viral infection that is observed only in infants and young children. During this infection, children have fever ranging up to 40 ° C for three days, hence the name “three-day fever.”
The onset of fever and disappearance of fever are sudden. After the onset of fever, a rash appears, then disappears without sequelae. The infection is accompanied by lifelong immunity.
Fever of Three Days Causes
The three-day fever is caused by the herpes simplex virus type 6. Infection occurs by inhalation of infected droplets (coughing, sneezing, saliva). The incubation period (time between infection and the onset of symptoms) is 1 to 2 weeks.
Fever of Three Days isorders (symptoms)
- High fever (up to 40 ° C), acute onset, three days after disappearing.
- The rash-like specks, pale red, appearing first on the abdomen, chest, chest and back, then on the arms and legs, occurs when the drop fever and disappears after a few days.
- The general condition of children is unaffected.
- Fever may be accompanied by symptoms of a cold or diarrhea.
three day fever on babies(img : myfirstdaysoflife.blogspot.com)
Fever of Three Days Examinations (diagnosis)
- The diagnosis is not easy at the beginning of the disease due to the absence of symptoms beyond fever. Only the typical rash confirms the diagnosis of fever of three days.
- Any child with fever should be seen by a doctor to rule out other more serious febrile illnesses.
Fever of Three Days Treatment Options
There is no effective drug against the virus. For this reason, treatment of the disease is purely symptomatic.
- Measures to reduce fever compresses around the belly and thighs.
- The child should drink plenty water to compensate for losses resulting from high fever.
- In case of febrile convulsions should be the child to bed on the floor to prevent it Blaisse. Moreover, after febrile seizures, even very brief, you should call a doctor.
- Eventually, antipyretic drugs, tablets or suppositories
- In case of febrile seizures, antiepileptic drugs may, in suppositories
Febrile seizures can be observed especially in infants, following the sudden rise of fever. In general, their prognosis is good.
No vaccine against the fever of three days is available on the market.
, Fever of Three Days